“Let’s get started right away. I’ll invite my friends to come to the house every Friday evening,”
Memory Gem: “But the Spirit gives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. There is no law that says these things are wrong” (Galatians 5:22, ICB).
Oh, Mama, there are so many children around our house who don’t know about Jesus,” sighed Elena.
“Can I do something for them? Jesus loves all the children of the world,” Elena asked with excitement.
“That’s a marvelous idea!” said Mama. “What do you want to do?”
“Guess what? I have just received my Talking Backpack. I can form a small group and share the good news with them. I can teach them songs about Jesus, and I will tell them Bible stories,” Elena said excitedly.
“Let’s get started right away. I’ll invite my friends to come to the house every Friday evening,” Elena said.
Elena invited one special friend, and her friend invited other friends, and on and on. The first night 12 children came to Elena’s house. She told them Bible stories and gave each one a pin that said “Jesus loves you.” She helped her mother bake cookies for the children. What a joy and encouragement it was for Elena!
“Wow, Mama, there are so many children coming every week. I’ve lost count of the number, but they sure love the Bible stories about Jesus. I’m going to pray that they will accept Jesus as their special friend someday,” exclaimed Elena jubilantly.
After one year of running her small group, several of her friends accepted Jesus and were baptized. Great joy filled Elena’s heart!
DIVE IN DEEP
• Which fruit of the Spirit do you find difficult to practice in your life? Why?
- In today’s world of violence, fear, and terrorism, can you still have peace in your heart? Identify one Bible text that shows how you can have peace.
- Is it possible to love your enemy, or someone who hurt you? Why? Why not?
LIVE IT OUT!
- Discuss with your parents or Sabbath School teacher one or two projects you can do to show love and kindness to those who are less fortunate.
- Pray for the children whose parents are in prison. Find out the names of a few of these families and write cards to encourage them.